From: Dave Jenkins (david_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-01 15:26:53

"Eric Niebler" <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> It's a poorly kept secret that I've been adding new features to
> Xpressive on CVS HEAD for a while now. So here are the features already
> implemented (documentation forthcoming) for Xpressive 2.0:

Having used most of these new features, I'd like to emphasize what a huge
jump in expressive power (pun intended) this gives to Xpressive.

Now, you can define a complete static context free grammar at compile time
and replace any part or parts of it at run time. You get both the speed of
a static grammar and the flexibility of a run-time grammar. Also, the
custom assertions let you embed semantic checks right into your regular
expression. This is much better than waiting to check semantics after a
regular expression has completed.

Great job, Eric.
Dave Jenkins