From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-04 10:39:19

Beman Dawes wrote:

> After some more thought, I decided that when a developer requests a test
> (via the "test on demand" mechanism), it should be possible to request
> tests on multiple libraries, so that a dependency sub-tree or any
> portion thereof can be tested.

One feature I keep asking for is to allow libraries to be built and tested
against an installed boost package. This means that, instead of pulling
dependencies out of a boost source tree and running all prerequisite targets
(and tests), the library is built and tested stand-alone.
Of course the library's developer has to make sure his library is compatible
with the version of boost that is to be built / tested against, but otherwise
such an isolation would provide tremendous advantages in terms of modularity.
(Note that this in itself is only a technical measure; it doesn't imply a change
in release policy, for example, though it opens the door to such discussions. :-) )

Regards,
                Stefan