From: Andy (atompkins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-04 12:44:17

"Gottlob Frege" <gottlobfrege_at_[hidden]> wrote in

> Would it make any sense for uuid::create() to just use the OS's
> function, for OSes that can create uuids? (ie most OSes).

The OS API on windows creates time-based uuids (I don't know about other
OSs, but expect the same). The uuid::create() function creates
random-number-based uuids. I do not want to mix these.

In the future, I would like the uuid library to be able to create
time-based uuids. I believe that calling OS funtions is a good solution
for that.

< snip >

Andy.