From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-05 09:17:07

   Has anyone (other than Tom and Ron) looked at the review queue lately?

   There are some nice looking library ideas sitting there that can't be
reviewed because no one has volunteered to manage the reviews. It has
become a problem we shouldn't ignore.

   The lifeblood of boost is the time donated by the authors of new
libraries. However, for some of these authors, nothing has been done
with their submissions for months as they wait for someone to volunteer
to run the review. This has to be addressed.

   I know that managing a review is time consuming. I know that many of
the most experienced members of boost have been very busy with release
issues. However, we need to address this problem. I'm working hard to
find time to manage reviews on topics where I feel I have sufficient
expertise, but we need people who understand the potential issues in
these packages to step up and volunteer to run the languishing reviews.

   So, now the question. What can we do to improve the situation? Is
anyone willing to sign on? Is there so little interest in the work the
developers have done that we should say "Thanks for the effort, but
we're not interested right now?" Some response is needed, in place of
the silence we have seen so far.

                        John Phillips