From: more effective thinking in the exceptional C++ programming language (effective.thinking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-05 05:04:16

Dear,

I'm a newcomer on the boost list. I subscribed to share the results of my
experiments on picking random points on sphere. This procedure is often a
bottleneck for very fast Monte-Carlo simulations of physical process where
you must pick vectors in random directions. I compiled a document that
explain the experiments and the results. The conclusion contains some
propositions to modify boost::random_on_sphere and I would like to know if a
new implementation following the presented ideas would be welcome.

Colas Schretter