From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 17:45:30

Peter Dimov wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> on Tue Jun 05 2007, Jody Hagins <jody-boost-011304-AT-atdesk.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The review manager does have a fair amount of authority, especially
>>> in reviews which are not clear cut one way or another. So, it can't
>>> just be given to anyone who asks... though maybe there should be some
>>> explanation given to those who are not picked, and maybe some kind of
>>> "training roadmap" provided for those interested.
>> Great ideas.
>
> It might be time to rethink this part of the Boost process as well. I'll
> start with one seemingly simple question:
>
> Why do we need a review manager at all?

Primarily to avoid any questions or doubts about whether a library
should be accepted or not. The review manager supposedly takes
everybody's feedback into account, but makes the ultimate yes/no
decision, and is even free to buck popular opinion. It's a
representative democracy, twice removed: we elect the review wizard, who
elects the review managers, who elect the libraries. Which would make
the review managers the electoral college. ;-)

Another key job of the review manager is to collect all the feedback and
present a TODO list to the author of the new Boost library, but that's
secondary.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting