From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 19:40:07

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Peter Dimov wrote:
>>> Do so many of our reviews end in such a non-conclusive manner as to
>>> require a decision from a review manager?
>> It's irrelevant that it doesn't happen often. If it happens EVER and
>> we don't have one person designated to break the tie, there's the
>> potential for a nasty situation. And that one person has to be
>> qualified for his/her opinion to carry weight.
>
> It is not irrelevant at all. If disputes only occur one time in a hundred,
> there is no need to recruit 100 volunteer review managers just because one
> of them might need to break a tie. We can just say "Eric Niebler breaks ties
> if they occur" and carry on.

That's a terrible system! I'd rather you do it. :-) I would have been a
very bad person to break a tie in the ASIO review, for instance. I know
very little about network programming. The idea is that the tie-breaker
person for any review should have some domain knowledge and can make an
informed decision, should it be necessary. There is no one person
qualified to break ties in every possible domain.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting