From: Guillaume Melquiond (guillaume.melquiond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 09:18:20

Le jeudi 07 juin 2007 à 17:02 +0400, Vladimir Prus a écrit :

> > Concerning "using boostbook", having to specify the directories is a bit
> > annoying. As a regular user of DocBook, my catalog files for DocBook are
> > already properly configured and BoostBook should not override them with
> > its own version.
>
> Can you clarify that? Are you suggesting that you should be able to
> provide the name of your existing catalog file instead? I'm not sure that's
> good idea -- most users of BoostBook are not experts in writing catalog
> files, so having just to specified DTD and XSLT directories is simpler.

You make it sound like both configuration methods would necessarily be
exclusive and only one can be used. If it is so, then I agree the
current solution is better.

Anyway, what I meant was a bit different. My /etc/xml/catalog file is
properly configured and xsltproc automatically reads it to get the
location of all my catalogs (including DocBook). By defining the
XML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable, bjam prevents xsltproc to read
its configuration file. As a consequence, xsltproc does not find the
DocBook files anymore and tries to download them.

So the command "using boostbook ;" without arguments should be careful
not to override the local configuration of xsltproc, in my opinion.

Best regards,

Guillaume