From: John Phillips (phillips_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 10:55:24

Peter Dimov wrote:

> I agree that it could be incredibly hard for a submitter to prepare an
> impartial summary of the opinions of the reviewers and that not everyone
> will want to do so.
>
> That said, if a submitter is willing and able to go through this experience,
> we might consider granting him/her the opportunity if a review manager
> hasn't turned up for, say, three months.

   This strikes me as one of those jobs where the people who would want
it might include some of the people you would least want to give it to.

   The general high level of the conversations and professional
responsibility on the boost developer list is a credit to the group.
However, even here there have been cases of someone claiming to be
reasonable and objective while actually being neither.

   There are people in this group I would trust to make the final calls
on their own library, but not everyone is capable of that. I really
don't want to have to make that choice, and I'm betting the moderators
don't, either.

                        John