From: Domenico Andreoli (cavokz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 21:08:43

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 01:07:35AM +0200, Bjørn Roald wrote:

> Git sounds very interesting, but with boost in subversion, it is
> relatively simple for anybody interested as group or individuals to do
> many of these things now. Check out SVK, which extend the functionality
> of subversion on the client side with local repositories/depot, to add
> many of the features Torvalds talk about. I am not claiming anything
> about its quality or feasibility for others, as I am not a user, but it
> seems like a tool I would use rather than basic CVS/SVN.

boh.. svk, i tried to use it without much success... it looks like the
meta-cvs of subversion... better to forget.

git is a (scary) charm not suited for boost development. i hope merge
tracking will be soon released _into_ subversion.

monotone, darc, aegis, perforce.. i didn't know there were so many VCS
around... when did they come out? :)

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50