From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-08 00:52:27

> Ah, right. I was looking at part of the code where the allocator > wasn't being passed on, but of course that part of the code didn't > need to do any allocation. Two comments:> > (1) Often, one inherits from the allocator rather than storing it > in a member. That way, if the allocator type is empty, we don't need > to use up any storage.

Oh sure. What was I thinking? I'll fix this tomorrow. :)
> (2) Visual C++ strikes again: we'll have to #ifdef out these > allocator versions for Microsoft's compiler prior to version 7.1, > both because of the reliance on partial specialization of class > templates and because of the use of rebind.

I haven't been using older MSVC compilers ever since they released 7.0, and I don't have a 6.0 handy at the moment. If I remember correctly, member function templates don't work on 6.0 so I guess you're right, all the allocator stuff will have to be ifdef'd out.

Emil Dotchevski
Hotmail to go? Get your Hotmail, news, sports and much more! Check out the New MSN Mobile!
http://mobile.msn.com