From: Paul Rose (prose_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-11 12:45:27

>> In which sense is the use of pointers rather than iterators
>> "more convenient"?

In the "lazy programmer" sense. (I did say "admittedly for a fairly
weak reason" :-)

Usually it is a case of my passing around a pointer that can optionally
be NULL, and then discovering during maintenance that I need to have an
iterator. In all such cases I've been able refactor the routines to
take an iterator, and ultimately been happy with that as the superior
solution. However, the "lazy programmer" in me may have chosen
iterator_to had it been available.

Hmm. Sounds like I just described a good reason *not* to add it.

Paul