From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-12 12:38:32

Prathap wrote:
> I am a newbie to boost. I tried to cross-build boost. But no results.
> Can any one please tell me how i can build boost for arm-linux from
> i386-linux. I am using boost_1_34_0.

This is not a direct answer to your question.

I write C++ code on an x86 PC and cross-compile to an ARM system, but I
have avoided cross-compiling Boost itself. I run Debian on both the
x86 system and the ARM system (an NSLU2), and I have installed the
Debian ARM Boost libraries on the x86 system using dpkg-cross and
apt-cross. This is method works very smoothly for me. Of course, it
only works if the libraries that you need are in Debian, but most are.

Also note that many Boost libraries are header-only, so no
cross-compilation is needed.

Hopefully someone else will reply with a more direct answer for you.
But I strongly suggest that you provide more information about your
problem than "But no results". If you post exactly what you did, and
exactly what happened in response, there is more chance that someone
will spot the problem.

Regards,

Phil.