From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-16 14:23:45

On 6/16/07, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Manuel Fiorelli wrote:
> > 1) is it possible to build a documentation outside the $BOOST_ROOT?
> > if yes, what kind of jamfile / Jamroot is needed ??
>
> Yes.
>
> See
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/doc_test/doc/project-root.jam
> and http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/doc_test/doc/Jamfile.v2
> for examples but ignore the experimental Jamfile options starting with "#
> The page style" for now :-)

Nice! From looking a few things I found on the web, looks like
modules.peek can be used for various things - in this case is [
modules.peek : BOOST_ROOT ] equivalent to [ os.environ BOOST_ROOT ] or
is there a difference?

In general, where can one can find documentation on all the importable
modules (os, path, modules...)? I am only able to find discussion
threads that hint at how they can be used.

[...]
> plus most of the contents of boost-path/tools. You can save some time in
> rebuilds if you build quickbook in release mode and then add a:
>
> using quickbook : some-path/quickbook ;

Didn't know that either...

[...]
> Until now folks have had to copy these into the html sub-directory after the
> docs are generated, however with current cvs you can just add
>
> <xsl:param>boost.root=relative-path-to-boost ;
>
> to the Jamfile and the docs will automatically pick up the Boost versions of
> these under boost/path/doc. See the current Boost.Config docs in cvs for an
> example of this in action.

...insert another "oh, cool" here...

> HTH, John.

That helped me out too! Thanks, John.