From: Cédric Venet (cedric.venet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-17 12:42:18

> A few weeks ago, a discussion that followed the demonstration of the
> binary_iostream library made me think about the standard C++ I/O and
> what I would expect from an I/O model.
>
> Now I have a preliminary design document ready and would like to have
> some feedback from the Boost community on it.
>
> The document can be found here:
> http://windmuehlgasse.getdesigned.at/newio/
>
> Sebastian Redl

Seems iteresting.

There is a small problem on this line (main page):
Noteworthy readers/writers are StringReader/Writer, *for in-memory I/O*, and
InputStreamReader and OutputStreamWriter, which wrap binary streams and do
on-the-fly character conversion.

The for in-memory I/O seems to be a copy paste error.

Others than this, I don't have much to says. Just a word on formatting: we
need a better way than iostream for specifying formatting option. When I
need to print number, I often go back to printf. The actual system is to
clumsy.

Regards, // I am supposed to put this on the bottom of a mail?
// seems like some do other put Best regards (and others nothings)
// I suppose it is the equivalent of 'Cordialement' in French

--
Cédric Venet