From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-18 16:56:39

Rene Rivera wrote:
>>> And I keep arguing that the common use case for
>>> the sandbox, and Boost in general, is precisely the inverse of what
>>> you think it is.
>>
>> I'm not sure anyone should presume to know what the common use case
>> is :)
>
> Good point... I was basing my statement on personal observations.
> There have been two or three persons who mentioned getting the whole
> of sandbox as a usual pattern for them. Although I can only
> specifically remember Victor saying that at this time.

FWIW I checked out the whole SoC 2006 svn because I was interested in the
active development and I just SVN switched the tags over to empty folders to
save hard drive space.

IMO an empty folder should be provided somewhere high up in the repo for
this explicit purpose. Probably at (
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/empty ).

If you're checking out the whole sandbox because you want to see what is
changing it seems you might be interested when things are branched/tagged as
well. If you check out the whole sandbox with the

sandbox/
--project/
----branches/
----tags/
----trunk/

layout you get to see new tags and branches easily. After noticing it if
you decide it's not worth your drive space you can simply svn switch it away
to the empty folder.

- Michael Marcin