From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-19 11:56:22

Jared McIntyre wrote:
> Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:
>

>> Jared McIntyre wrote:
>>
>>> So, my problem is that we need to move to Boost 1.34, but I need a
>>> serialization library that interoperates with 1.33 serialization. I
>>> could hack my code to post-process the file, but it would be ugly.
>>
>> Hmmm - If you're going to generate new data files and distribute
>> them to be processed with the old binaries - why can't you distribute
>> the new binaries at the same time?
>>
>> Robert Ramey
>
> I can't get into the special way that our software is
> release/delivered, so you'll have to trust me when I say that would
> add 2-3 months of testing
> time to do it. I won't be able to get management to okay that for
> this change.

Well, its pretty hard to swim in a straightjacket.

But, if that's what you feel you have to do, try the following:

a) grep the code for everywhere that the serialization library
version is used. There are only a couple of places - mostly
in the stl class serialization I think.

b) avoid using those types.

or

c) re-implement the serialization for those types by reverting
to the 1.33 version for those types.

Good Luck.

Robert Ramey