From: Ford, Rich (Rich.Ford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-19 16:35:26

I was looking to see if boost had a disjoint integer set library but did
not see it in the documentation. Then I did a search of the boost site
using the search box, looking for "disjoint" and was surprised to find
some documentation of boost/disjoint_sets.hpp. On doing further poking
around I found this code in the boost/pending directory. This then lead
me to wonder what the status of things in the pending directory was. I
had previously noticed that Boost.Graph references some things in the
pending directory.

So I then did a search of "pending" in the boost site to see if there
was any stated policy regarding putting things in the pending. I did not
find any. Can someone explain the use of pending and the likelihood that
things there will make it into the official part of boost? I did find
one archived mail message that mentioned things languishing in the
pending directory. Are interested parties encouraged to take things in
the pending directory, enhance them, then submit them? But if they were
not previously approved, how did they get into boost at all?

One result of the search was that I found
http://www.boost.org/more/int_const_guidelines.htm which recommends that
the header <limits> never be included, but that
<boost/pending/limits.hpp> be included instead. On looking at the
sources I now see that limits.hpp is found in <boost/limits.hpp> and is
no longer in the pending directory. It would be helpful if someone with
the rights to edit this web page updated it.