From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 12:27:47

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 13:13 -0300, Matias Capeletto wrote:
> * Support for code import. I will be very unhappy with out this
> feature. In the review of Boost.Bimap we find a lot of typos in docs
> examples. Every bit of code that appears in y docs now are in
> libs/bimap/example, and are tested with boost.build before I do any
> commit. You can not understand the value of this feature til you use
> it.

BoostBook actually has some support for literate programming, which is
the opposite of the approach you're describing. Basically, you can name
the code samples you write in BoostBook, then later on have it produce
real example files by weaving together snippets of code with other
support code. The Function library used this at one point to create its
test suite (see libs/function/doc/tests.xml and
libs/function/doc/tutorial.xml). But, without good integration into the
build system, this feature never really got used.

Granted, I'm not recommending that you use this part of BoostBook...
Quickbook could do the same, probably better, but it is there.

  - Doug