From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 19:14:54

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 06:33 +0800, Joel de Guzman wrote:
>> This is the main problem with the tool. We need to get Rene's installer,
>> or something similar, online, to make it easier for people to use
>> quick/boostbook. Installation is the number one PITA. If we make it
>> effortless to install, we'll have more people using it, for sure.
>
> setup_boostbook.sh does a good job on *nix systems, and I presume that

Yep, no problem on *nix.

> setup_boostbook.py does a good job on Windows systems...

Not sure. I didn't even know it exists. It's certainly not in the
docs (http://boost.org/doc/html/boostbook/getting/started.html).
The docs has tools/boostbook/setup_boostbook.sh (under Automatic
setup for Unix-like systems). I did it manually when I started
and it was a pain.

Also, IMO, a "nearly-automatic setup script" (as doc'd) will not
beat a one-shot installer like the one Rene (Rivera) wrote. IIRC
it even had quickbook prebuilt so you don't even have to do that
step.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman