From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 05:15:25

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>
>> The option to eliminate BoostBook entirely, so that one can translate
>> directly from Quickbook to Docbook.
>>
>> I'm making the assumption that it's better to have something home-grown
>> but simple (Quickbook) rather than something loosely standards-based
>> (extends DocBook) that is hard to use.
>>

> I'm not sure. DocBook is something with lots of information available.
> Anyway, I sure don't want to use quickbook for Boost.Build documentation,
> so as soon as I'm not forced to, I'm fine. But Boost.Build is probably
> pure DocBook -- I don't think any BoostBook extensions are used.

At least that will let you keep a lot of options open. Free tools like
http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/ (personal edition) and other close to
WYSIWYG editors have good support for DocBook. Large tables are a pain
to edit in text editor form, wiki style tags help somewhat but are far
from ideal.

Just my $0.05.

--
Bjørn