From: Jared McIntyre (jmcintyre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 17:40:25

Sohail Somani <s.somani <at> fincad.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2007-21-06 at 17:56 +0000, Jared McIntyre wrote:
> >

> > I changed ARCHIVE_VERSION in basic_archive.cpp to 3 (from 4) and this
> > worked
> > for me. Luckily, I'm not using any collections whose serialization
> > format has
> > changed.
>
> Even if you are, shouldn't it be class_version that matters *not* the
> serialization library version?

If I had been using any objects whose individual serialization version/format
had changed, I wouldn't have been able to trick the 1.33 using binaries into
reading the format output by my new 1.34 using binaries. So, I think I got
lucky and this hack works. I don't know how likely others will be in running
into problems with individual class version increments.

Jared