From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-22 13:54:56

Seweryn Habdank-Wojewódzki wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> # piÄ…tek 22 czerwca 2007 06:18, @ David Abrahams:
>> I'm sorry, I can't understand what you're saying. Examples might help.
>
> I try :-).
>
> Let's consider such a hiphotetical situation. We have a classes:
>
> template < typename T >
> struct Bar
> {
> T t_;
> }
>
> class Foo {
> public:
> typedef int A;
> typedef Bar<A> BA;
> // ...
> };
>
> Above order of definitions is important, due to language demand and compiler
> functionality

I don't think this statement is accurate. What is important is not the order
of definitions, but the visibility of declarations at any particular place in
the code where a particular symbol is actually used (the 'call site').

There are clear rules about how ambiguities are to be resolved in binding names
to declared types or variables. They have nothing to do with in what order
the declarations appeared (and are seen by the compiler).

Regards,
                Stefan