From: Cédric Venet (cedric.venet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-24 06:34:40

> De : Guillaume Melquiond
>
> Le dimanche 24 juin 2007 à 11:04 +0200, Cédric Venet a écrit :
> > The fact is if one day, quick book is broken and not supported
> anymore, you
> > just have to use the last correct version to convert your quickbook
> doc into
> > docbook and work on the doc book.
>
> As far as I understand it, a short term goal of the quickbook
> developers
> is actually to get rid of the conversion to boostbook/docbook. So it
> won't be as easy as you make it sound to get back to a docbook version.

Yes, I remember something like this.

> Please correct me if docbook is still intended to be a mandatory
> intermediate stage between quickbook and html/pdf documentations.

I can't speak for quickbook developers, but it could be useful to have a
backend in boostbook or docbook, even if it is not anymore used as an
intermediate stage. This involve some development cost, but à priori not too
much. It could be useful if someone want to use a custom xslt for his doc
(in case of use outside boost, since they try to make a common L&F for
boost) or for the sake of having a standardized xml backend.

After it depend on the scope of use they want to give to quickbook.

--
Cédric Venet