From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-24 18:35:24

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Sun Jun 24 2007, Joel de Guzman <joel-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>
>> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>> "Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>>> And what about these:
>>>
>>> Do you support quickbook documents validation?
>> Does a car have wings?
>>
>>> Do you plan to invent schema language?
>> Does a bike have turbo-chargers?
>
> His questions seem reasonable to me

IMO, they are not. Quickbook is not designed to include everything
but the kitchen sink. If one reads even partially through the docs,
you'll see that it is a wiki style tool. Simplicity is a very
important requirement. Those are the wrong questions to ask for
evaluating the usefulness of quickbook. IOTW, I do not need to
answer them.

> , and I think QuickBook has reasonable answers for them.

Yes, and Cédric answered them. What irks me is that Gennadiy
could have done the research first. Such questions show his
unfamiliarity with the tool and IMO, you can't just gather
such sweeping statements from a collection of small snippets
of information here and there and form conclusions based on
what little you have, which he did in his original post.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com