From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-25 10:22:37

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> "Rene Rivera" <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>> "Matias Capeletto" <matias.capeletto_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>>> The real difference would be the comparison of non WS chars (and exclude
>>> all
>>> quickbook related artifacts from DocBook)
>> You do know that XML is one of the most verbose data formats in
>> existence, right?
>
> So what? Above comparison still prove nothing.

Who said there was anything to prove? Matias suggested that you might
consider the size of equivalent documents when thinking about the
effectiveness of writing in Quickbook. And you said it was an invalid
comparison because you should remove white-space before comparing. I
was just asking if you knew where XML stands in the verbosity scale of
data formats. Do you?

>> I would bet that even compressing a docbook file and
>> corresponding quickbook file would yield quickbook the winner.
>
> yes. I see ~30%. Again, what is the point of this comparison?

Simple... That you *type* less when writing _Quickbook_, than when
writing with <emphasis role="underline">DocBook</phrase>
<emphasis>directly</emphasis>.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything