From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-25 15:59:08

On 6/25/07, Janek Kozicki <janek_listy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Stjepan Rajko said: (by the date of Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:31:24 -0700)
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > A couple weeks ago I found out that the sandbox template script (which
> > is supposed to customize a template to give a new boost developer a
> > good starting point for a new project)
>
> Wouldn't it be useful to put the information about your script in Boost
> Documentation in proper place? I think that you can ask Matias about
> where to put it - he knows boost docs from insideout.

Eventually, this would be great, but the script is currently very new
and untested in practice, and really needs input from the community on
whether it is useful and if so, how it can be improved. Until it
seems like the template is really doing what it's supposed to be doing
(making it easy to start a new boost project), and that the
files/directories it generates are up-to-date with Boost guidelines,
follow recommended practice in their use of Boost.Build and Boost.Test
etc., I think the proper place is far away from any official boost
page :-).

Thanks for the suggestion, but let's wait for some feedback first, and
then maybe we can see where this should go...

Regards,

Stjepan