From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-28 17:46:20

On 6/28/07, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Atry wrote:
> > The functions generated by static lambda will be very similar to C
> > functions. It would not bind any data. Runtime cost of static lambda
> > expression is zero.
>
> extern "C" lambda staff ;)
>
> Does it use local static variable to hold a state of stateful lambda
> objects? This fact should be documented.

I took a brief look at this. As far as I could tell Atry's library is
stateless. So, it can only support a subset of the expressions that
Boost.Lambda supports... namely those without state; i.e. all the
parameters need to be unbound. So, it can do

... but not ...

cout << _1 << endl

I'm not sure that this wins you a time savings over Boost.Lambda, but
I believe it could win you a space saving if the static function can
be inlined. I wonder how this relates to the anticipated rewrite of
lambda using Phoenix.

Daniel