From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-06 21:35:15

Edward Diener wrote:
> I got to the point in running setup_boostbook.py where it is looking for
> my user-config.jam. Even though I have my copy of user-config.jam in my
> Windows home directory, which for XP for me is C:\Documents and
> Settings\Edward Diener, the program can not find it and reports:
>
> "Looking for user-config.jam ...
> ERROR: Please set the BOOST_ROOT environment variable to refer to your
> Boost installation or copy user-config.jam into your home directory."

The error lies in setup_boostbook.py line 234. In Windows the home
directory is not set by the "HOME" environment variable, as in Linux,
but by the "HOMEPATH" environment variable.

There may also be some Pythonic library way of determine the home
directory for any OS without resorting to attempting to hardcode an
environmental variable name. I will look for the latter and report it
here if I find it.