From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-07 01:42:24

Thomas Witt wrote:

>> However, it seems that when applying this patch, you
>> did not follow the documented procedure for applying
>> patches to release branch. I though the patches are
>> supposed to be applied to HEAD first, and then merged
>> to RC. This patch went straight to RC. Is this intentional?
>
> Yes. The rationale comes down to me not having the time to do the merging.

Sorry, I find that to be very wrong. If release manager skips
documented procedures, how can we expect anybody to follow them? Further,
who is going to sync HEAD and RC_1_34_1 after 1.34.1 is out? Finally,
I do have a more-or-less automated way to merge changes, so if you just OK'd
the change, I would do that in the proper way.

- Volodya