From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-08 00:26:08

On Saturday 07 July 2007 22:23, Eric Niebler wrote:

> BTW, are you working with Dan Marsden on the Phoenix port, or just
> experimenting with your own Proto-flavored lambda library? Just curious.

Nope, not on phoenix. I'm not working on a lambda library at all. I'm
doing some experiments with compilers and language representation,
so I will eventually want to transform this into an abstract syntax tree
that can be analyzed and manipulated.

I'm hopeful that boost::proto will be useful for constructing a DSEL that
non-compiler-expert people can use to express program construction
(replacing bits of a program with something else, etc.). Naturally, I'm
looking for something close to a C-like syntax. It's too bad that the
semantics of operator->() make it tough to overload in proto.

Thanks for your help.

                                              -Dave