From: Jake Voytko (jakevoytko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-08 13:08:00

I did not suggest that we become Ubuntu.. please don't put words in my mouth
;). What we *should* do is take what works from the most successful
communities. Go to their front page, and you see people smiling, and you
also see the left nav essentially screaming "Develop! Help out!" I don't
think it's any mistake that distrowatch.com lists them as the most popular
Linux distribution. You're wanted there, and they make that clear on the
front page as one of the most noticeable set of icons. If the goal is to
have people be involved with the documentation, try to get cues from other
projects that have big documentation communities. What did they do to get
this way?

Jake