From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 09:06:04

 Hi Boost, Once a week, we will send you a brief of
 our work for the Improving Boost Docs project.
 We need more hands, join us!
 We are waiting you on the boost-docs list.

 Project Wiki:
 http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingBoostDocs

 RSS news feed:
 http://beta.boost.org/development/ibd_news.rss

 Community Blog:
 http://improving-boost-docs.blogspot.com

2007-07-10

* Jake joins the community Blog

  He writes:
  I feel that it would be helpful if there was a little bit
  of standardization in the layout/content of the documentation.
  A lot of the documentation implements similar ideas (one minute
  tutorials, introductions, reference sections), but each individual
  libraries documentation has the earmarks of the authors.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/3btnae

2007-07-09

* Resources Section added to the Community Blog

  "The Blog is a one-stop shop" -- Stjepan

  more...
  http://improving-boost-docs.blogspot.com

2007-07-08

* Two proof-readers join the project

  Thanks Paul Giaccone and Jake Voytko for jumping in.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/2optqg

* Boost community feedback on our objectives

  Since we want to build a long term subcommunity which main purpose is
  to continuously improve the quality of Boost documentation, we would
  like that our main directives be aligned with the Boost community as a
  whole.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/3czjfn

2007-07-07

* Resources Section added to the Wiki

  At IBD we use several open source tools to organize our efforts.
  In this section the purpose of each resource is explained. When possible,
  IBD resources will be interlinked and share a common look and feel
  allowing a consistent experience for both users and developers.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/2uxfut#Resources

2007-07-06

* Help request, A woman's point of view

  Is there any female Booster willing to help us?

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/2om8ek

* Stjepan joins the community Blog

  He add a post about his experience transalting smart_ptr docs.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/3d3r93

* Help request, Python programmers

  There are two specific projects that need Python programmers:
  1) http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSpecificWikiMacros
  2) http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/QuickbookWikiProcessor

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/2lqe2p

* Two testers join the project

  Stuart help request was answered by Chun Ping Wang and Marco.
  Welcome to IBD!

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/323uf5

2007-07-05

* IBD RSS news feed

  The IBD news feed consists of formal announces about the things
  going on in the project, they are very short and direct headlines.
  Some of the common subjects are new members, new subprojects, help
  requests and completed translation.

  more...
  http://beta.boost.org/development/ibd_news.rss

* New Community Blog

  A record of the things that happens behind the scenes, our next
  objectives and the social and philosophical aspects of IBD.

  more...
  http://improving-boost-docs.blogspot.com

2007-07-04

* Translation of Boost.Boostbook completed

  We have translated boostbook docs to quickbook and add a
  sections about boosbook specific HTML params.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/32zgtm

* Our team mascot

  Give a warm welcome to Mafalda, our team mascot.
  She is a English Springer Spaniel from Argentina, currently
  living with Matias. Mafalda is helping him with the project Wiki page.
  She just barks once in a while, but that is a lot.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/2uxfut#team_mascot

* Stuart Dootsoon's help request for the Browser testing project

  We need more testers to cover all the possible browsers and
  platforms combinations.

  more...
  http://tinyurl.com/2q6csw