From: Arindam (arindam.mukerjee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 11:11:22

Hi,

I have been trying to build Boost 1.31 libaries for Windows 2k3 x64
(AMD64) machines. I am using the Platform SDK 2003 R1, which contains
the MS C++ compiler (cl) and linker (link) for AMD64.

I have VC6 installed (sp6) side-by-side. This is 32-bit Windows XP
system, but I intend to build the libraries for Windows on AMD64. This
is possible only with the Platform SDK compiler for AMD64.

I downloaded bjam2 for doing the build. Now I am not sure what toolset
to use to invoke the appropriate compiler and include / lib paths.

I modified the user-config.jam file in the top dir of the boost-build
installation:

-I uncommented the msvc line and added stuff like this:
     using msvc : 7.1 : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform
SDK\Bin\win64\x86\AMD64\cl.exe";

- I already set the env variables (PATH, LIB, INCLUDE) so that the
AMD64 libraries and the platform SDK include paths are used by the
compiler.

I then ran the following command-line after going into the
boost_1_31_0 source directory.

I am still getting errors, apparently the wrong compiler is being run
and the wrong includes are being used. I have no clue of the bjam
syntax and my timelines hardly encourage me to try that too hard now.
Any pointers will be of great help.

- Arindam