From: Martin Min (lingvisa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 14:34:22

Jeff:
Thanks for your reply.
First, by "You can use gregorian::greg_year which is the first parameter to
a date", do you mean a date can be constructed by just passing greg_year? or
still I have to provide a month and day?

 I am working in Natural Language Understanding area, in which
underspecifed Temporal Expressions abound in typical news text, and
reasoning on these type of knowledge often has to deal with incomplete
information. The granularity (or resolution) of time often changes in a
discourse, sometimes year, or month, or date, or time, even century.

What I like most boost::date_time are the various arithematic operations on
durations and date periods, and timezone support. Of course, as well as the
robustness.

Probably, what I can do is to define another Date class, which have the
boost::date_time::date has a member, and add members I may need?
Thanks,
Martin