From: John Moeller (fishcorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-12 03:38:20

David Abrahams wrote:
> Okay, this is going to sound very opinionated:
>
> I find XML horrible to read, however I find most of the procedural
> code I've seen for manipulating it even more horrible.

Agreed. Much of the time, I find myself defining wrapper RAII classes
to handle the tags.

> [snip]
>
> root.push_front(
> tag("articleinfo")[
> title ? (comment("This title was moved"), title) : NULL
> , tag("author")[
> tag("firstname")["Joe"],
> tag("surname")["Random"]
> ]
> ]
> )

I like this syntax; it was a little awkward for me at first, but it's
grown on me.

Would this allow you to also save a "template" for later modification?
Something like:

tag articleinfo = tag("articleinfo") [
     tag("author") [
         tag("firstname") [""],
         tag("surname") [""]
     ]
];

articleinfo["author"]["firstname"] = "Joe";
articleinfo["author"]["surname"] = "Random";

I would find this use case to be handy.

--
John Moeller
fishcorn_at_[hidden]