From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-13 18:42:50

Anthony Williams wrote:
> There has recently been some discussion on the monotone development list about
> phasing out their use of boost libraries that require building external lib
> files (filesystem and regex). I thought people might find it interesting, so
> I'm posting some of the comments here:
>
> "Zack Weinberg" <zackw_at_[hidden]> writes:
>> Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> wrote:

I wonder if they know normalize_path is still there as long as
BOOST_FILESYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED is not defined.

I would state that I think this needs to be re-added (probably as a
standalone function) for 1.35. This was *the* reason I started using
Boost.Filesystem in the first place.

It's a shame but it highlights the issue that was discussed here a while
ago about header only vs libraries. The complexity and compiling and
distributing libraries is a real issue that has consequences.

Thanks,

Michael Marcin