From: Jan (janpstetka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-15 09:33:17

In my experience of programming. I have worked mostly with Java and C++. I have
found boost to be flexible, lightweight and powerful. The slashdot thread
misrepresents boost. Boost might not be the fastest or least complex approach.
Boost is a step forward for C++ in the right direction. Compared to the
competition, especially .NET and Java I find it much easier to work with. Visual
C++ 2003 copes fine with Boost and GCC also has few problems. Debugging Boost
based code is no more difficult than C++ as the problem usually isn't in boost.
Boost should be used more widely in business.