From: Michael Marcin (mike_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-19 01:59:00

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> There is already alot of graphics work being done at boost::gil.
> Perhaps that is a great place for the game developers to start.
>
> Projects that are in development are listed here:
> http://opensource.adobe.com/gil/contribute.html
>
> There are many other extensions that are in developmet that are not
> listed here.
>
> Join the discussion here:
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=648138

I think GIL is very cool but it has a high barrier to entry, at least
for me.

I've looked a few times but I'm not sure how to do what I want to in it.

I want to load a png with a 32-bit color palette. And blit it into part
of a 32-bit ARGB (unsigned int) memory buffer.

I'd like to alpha blend one image with another and store the result in
the latter using the fastest method that can approximate
src.color*src.alpha + dst.color*(1-dst.alpha).

I also want to rasterize 2d polygons into the memory buffer and write to
a separate depth buffer.

Is that any support for these tasks in GIL?