From: Shintaro Sakahara (sakahara_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-19 12:57:15

In Boost Library Guidelines, there aren't any specified character-sets.
(are there?)

Since some names of authors written in source files include high-ASCII
characters that are incompatible with some other character-sets, they
are unreadable for users setting non-ASCII character-sets as default
like me (Japanese), and also compilers would generate warnings about it.

Therefore, I think the guideline should specify character-set or limit
available characters to low-ASCII only for source files to standardize
way to read and process them. (To limit to low-ASCII is better for me.)

The similar/same topics had been discussed, see links below:

[boost] MSVC doesn't like some high-ASCII characters on non-US systems

[boost] [Boost-bugs] [ boost-Bugs-1461533 ]
Non-basic-source-character-set characters conflict with MSVC

But now it seems stopped. No one interested anymore?

Shintaro Sakahara