From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-20 17:07:02

Phillip Hellewell wrote:
> Exactly, I don't want to copy or share the mutex in any way. I want each
> object to have its own mutex.

My mistake. I see what you are trying to do now. It might be personal preference
(with a mix of seeing a lot of errors in the past) but I prefer to write both
the ctor and operator= by hand regardless of it using the default behavior. Several
places I have worked required it to get through the code review. It presents an issue
for maintenance; however, you know that the engineer has thought about copy and
assignment semantics for the class. Copying or assigning objects with multithreaded
concepts is almost never as easy as the default... and if it is, I like to see a comment
saying so and why.

Best Regards -

Michael

--