From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-24 14:08:05
I still am not able to post in doc list even though I went through all the
Here several more issues I've got
1. No support for manual TOC
This is a major issue for me. There are several problems:
a) html.xsl includes chunk.xsl
b) somehow it doesn't work even if I change it to chunktoc.xsl unless I
c) it still doesn't work with xsltproc unless I specify chunk.toc parameter
in command line. So I can't use bjam anymore
2. Two stage processing
I finally figured out why manual xslt invocation doesn't work the reason is
that boostbook instead of regular customization layer approach is
implemented as a preprocessor step. So I need actually two xslt calls to
convert from boostbook to html. Can't we do it in one step?
3. processing instructions in boostbook->docbook conversion are lost
I had to add
to docbook.xsl to address this
4. library element is converted into chapter
This is incorrect decision IMO in general. At least there should be an
option to convert it to book (or anything else for that matter)
5. purpose/description/effects/notes elements
I completely lost why do we need so many elements with similar purpose, how
are they different and when each one should be used. Any help?
6. function synopsis outside library-reference
How can I do short function synopsis inside my user's guide code?
7. macro synopsis
What should I use for macro synopsis specification?
8. Why signature element is only under overloaded functions and not under
regular function element?
This asymmetry is inconvenient IMO
9. How can I add --nonet parameter to xsltproc invocation with bjam?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk