From: Douglas Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-26 09:58:00

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> with the 1.34.1 release out the door, what are the plans concerning
> the repository and the various branches ? Where should bug fixes and
> other patches go ? Is the release branch going to become the new
> development branch, as was suggested in a mail some moons ago ?

The Boost 1.34.1 release branch will certainly be the basis of Boost
1.35.0. I'm not certain we've figured out quite how to handle merging
the bits from trunk over to that branch. The good news is that
Subversion makes it very, very easy to move directories around.

> Should I wait for the subversion migration before doing anything ?

No. There's a lot on the CVS trunk that will need to be merged over
anyway; so there's no reason to hold off on doing useful work.

> What is the timeframe for the migration ?

I'll send out an announcement when we're sure, but I'd like to move over
early next week. We'll give a couple days notice before we switch, of
course, so that everyone can get any outstanding work committed to CVS.

    - Doug