From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 10:55:39

On Jul 19, 2007, at 3:00 PM, David J. Zielinski wrote:

> Hello, I am having a very weird error with the
> fruchterman_reingold.hpp
> file (from the most recent stable download 1.34.0, compiling under
> ubuntu
> 7.03) . When I run the fruchterman_reingold_force_directed_layout(...)
> function (after setting up the graph of course), the algorithm
> seems to
> sit on the first iterations.
>
> However, if I add a printf at ~line 111,
> printf("col: %d row:%d\n",columns,rows);
> things run fine.
>
> Any ideas?

That's disturbing. Could you try running it under valgrind to see if
we have some kind of memory bug? That the addition of a printf makes
things work probably means that we've been sloppy somewhere or we're
triggering an optimizer bug in the compiler. Does the optimization
level (none, -O1, -O2, etc.) have an impact on the behavior?

        - Doug