From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 16:27:25

Hi Aaron,

On Apr 1, 2007, at 12:04 PM, Aaron Windsor wrote:
> I've implemented a small suite of tools for dealing with planar
> graphs and
> would like to add it to the BGL. The core of this suite is built
> around the
> recent Boyer-Myrvold algorithm for planarity testing/embedding.
> (see http://www.emis.de/journals/JGAA/accepted/2004/
> BoyerMyrvold2004.8.3.pdf)

I've been digging into your planar graphs suite a bit, and I am very
impressed. I would love to see this in the BGL.

Just a few documentation nits:

        - PlanarEmbedding: This construct description should be its own
page. Likewise for AddEdgeVisitor.
        - GridPositionMap is the same as the PositionMap used by the layout
routines in the BGL, e.g., fruchterman_reingold_force_directed_layout
        - I think the discussion of planar graphs would benefit from a
paragraph or two that describes your approach to dealing with planar
embeddings in the BGL
        - Everything paragraph and title in planar_graphs.html is centered
(I'm using Safari); that should all be left-justified (which we do
throughout the BGL).

Since you already have read/write permission to the Boost
repositories, please go ahead and integrate your planar graphs suite
into the BGL at your earliest convenience, so that we can put it into
Boost 1.35.0. Great work!

        - Doug