From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-28 21:21:30

On 7/28/07, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Douglas Gregor wrote:
> > On Jul 28, 2007, at 3:23 PM, Paul A Bristow wrote:
> >> PS I still think the thing we are really, really missing is an
> >> indexing/searching facility. so many times I have wanted to know
> >> something, but even knowing I have read it before, I struggle to
> >> find it. Google may help us here, but I would like to see us
> >> providing our own indexing tool. Anyone have any ideas on how to
> >> use the quickbook docs (or html or pdf?) to provide this?
> >
> > The indexing would be very easy to do in the BoostBook XSLT
> > stylesheets, I expect.
>
> It's not automatic. See http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/GenerateIndex.html.
> It's in my TODO list to make it easy to do indexterms in Qbk.
>
> IBD Questions:
>
> 1) Can someone in the IBD tell me where I can put QuickBook TODO items
> in the Wiki?

There is a page exactly for this:

   http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingQuickbook

It was created two weeks ago but it is empty right now.
Be free to use it for anything related to improving Quickbook.

There are this two pages too:

   http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostBuildSupportForDocsTools
   http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingBoostbook

This three pages are grouped under "Documentation Tools" section on IBD wiki:

    http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/DocumentationTools

> 2) Will someone in IBD (or anyone else) be willing to help out and
> do some Qbk coding?

I think that the best way to get people involved is to break the
things we have to do for Quickbook into subprojects and add stubs in
that page, including a help request.

We can organize this effort based on the TODO list.

It was very exciting to read your posts during the day Joel, thanks a
lot for this movie like action :)

While we are at this pace, I take the opportunity to remind you a
feature request (from this thread: http://tinyurl.com/2nqwzl ):

Can templates notation be extended to use optional named
parameters (onp). I am thinking in:

Template definition:

[template tname [a b c]
    [onp_1 default_1]
    [onp_2 default_2]

This is the template body...
use unamed forced parameters: [a]
use onp parameters: [onp_1] (This prints the value or the default)
[onp_1? if was used do this : if not do this ]

]

IMO this is a good extension and is backward compatible with the
current implementation.

Count with us. We love Quickbook :)

I will give a three hours course about Quickbook in my university (
UBA - Argentina ) in Tuesday. I expect more than 25 developers to
assist, the quickbook community will start to grow :)

King regards
Matias