From: Kevin Sopp (baraclese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-30 17:21:18

On 7/30/07, Paul A Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 1 Is it bound to be header-only? Or is it just that you haven't tried to make it header-only?

I haven't tried to make it header-only, but it should be easy to do so.

> 2 Some references to vulnerability as a security feature would be useful.
> Is this a weakness in its role as tamper-evident packaging, or in other applications?

I'm no expert in this domain and haven't read up on these weaknesses
so I can't say anything useful about that.

After implementing the MD5 algorithm I had a look at SHA1 and found it
uses the same structural approach to computing a message digest, the
only difference is the core routine and the size of the digest. What
I'm doing right now is factoring out the common code for this family
of hash functions so that I can just plugin a different hash core and
reuse all the interface code.
The interface has become a bit richer and I have implemented the SHA1 algorithm.
I am now in bugfixing mode, but I'm not sure what went wrong yet ;)

Kevin