From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-01 04:07:09

Having slightly explored this choice of axis limits and ticks, I concur that it is more tricky to choose the nicest than you might
imagine.

There are lots of published algorithms, but (like Microsoft Excel for example), the results are not so pretty.

But Jake is right - the algorithm(s) for this can be refined later.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]