From: Johan Franzén (johan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-09 18:32:01
Hi boosters and Tobias,
I'm in search of a singleton working with multi-threading. I've
tried Loki's SingletonHolder, but that one doesn't seem to work
with code executed before start of main(), at least not with
the ClassLevelLockable ThreadingModel, but it might as well be
my bad as it's not really very well documented (I don't have
an MC++D handy). Anyhow; I stumbled upon the singleton in
boost vault/X-Files which felt promising after reading the docs.
But it seems to also require some Boost.FunctionTypes library
which seems to be kind-of-almost accepted into boost (See
http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2005/06/0066.php). So now
to my questions:
* Is this singleton in vault/X-Files working and worth a try?
Or is it more of a scetch or something?
* If yes, how can i get a copy of its prerequisite
function_types? And are there more prerequisites not in the
* Can I use the 1.34.1 boost release and patch in the needed
* Is the singleton scheduled for a review? There really ought
to be a singleton in boost!
* Last resort - if this singleton isn't really usable as is,
does anyone know of one that is and fits my requirements
Thanks in advance for any answers,
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk