From: Christopher Oezbek (chris.oezbek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-22 05:31:21
Your experience as developers in Free and Open Source Software
projects is needed. I am researching what happens if a developer
attempts to change the way a project works (in contrast to changing
the software being developed) and would like to ask for your stories
of successful change that you achieved and attempts that did not work
For instance tell me about...
* What was your goal (and what was the motivation for that?)?
* How did you approach it (what worked?, what didn't?, why?)?
* What kind of project was this with?
* Which people and tools were important for making this a success/failure?
* How did your relationship with the project change?
* What advice would you give other community members with similar goals?
In particular, other people that I have been asking have told me that
Boost has had some turbulent times regarding its release process and
switch to SVN.
Reply to this email or submit anonymously at
Thank you very much,
P.S.: If you are thinking about making such a change or are currently
on it, feel free to drop me a note so I can share what I have learned
P.P.S.: Results will be made available at
over the next month, where you can also find further information.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk